Home Insurance for expatriates
Period of insurance
Expats Home Insurance is an annual insurance contract which may be renewed each year subject to the terms and conditions applicable at the point of renewal invitation.
Purpose of insurance
This product is suitable for expatriates who work or have retired in Cyprus and covers the sections that you have selected and the sums insured shown on your policy schedule as detailed below:
If you have chosen Buildings Insurance, we will provide cover for the structure of your home including garage and outbuildings, its fixtures and fittings, boundary and garden walls, carport, gates, hedges, fences, footpaths, patios, terraces, drives, tennis courts, swimming pools, hot tubs, garden ponds, statues and fountains that are permanently fixed into the ground, greenhouses, solar panels, septic tanks, gas or oil central heating tanks all forming part of the home which are used for domestic purposes only, against loss or damage from specific perils summarized over the page and detailed in your policy wording.
If you have chosen Contents Insurance, we will provide cover for household goods, personal possessions, certain business equipment, pedal cycles and money whilst in your home, which you or any member of your family own or are legally responsible for, against loss or damage from specific perils summarized over page and detailed in your policy wording.
Total coverage for the contents of any garages, outbuildings and garden sheds will be limited to €3,000.
If you have chosen Personal Possessions Insurance, we will provide cover for jewellery, watches, sports equipment, items of clothing and personal effects that are worn or carried on or about the person in or away from home that you or any member of your family own or are legally responsible for, against loss or damage from specific perils summarized over page and detailed in your policy wording.
You have the flexibility to select Buildings Insurance, Contents Insurance or both sections together and if required you can add further sections of cover which provide benefits to suit your specific needs.
Full details of the cover sections that you selected will be shown in detail on your Policy Schedule.
General conditions & exclusions
The following conditions and exclusions apply to the policy as a whole regardless of the specific cover you have selected. For full details of the conditions and exclusions that apply to this insurance contract please read the Policy Wording together with your Policy Schedule.
- You must tell us in writing as soon as possible about any change which may affect this insurance policy. If you do not tell us, we may declare the policy as not valid or reduce the cover we provide.
- You must take all reasonable steps to protect the property insured, prevent damage or accidents and maintain the property insured in a sound condition.
- If you or anyone acting for you makes a claim that is false or fraudulent in any way, the policy shall become void and all claims under it shall be forfeited.
- No cover is provided for any loss or damage caused by wear and tear, loss of value or anything which is caused by gradual deterioration.
- No cover is provided for any loss or damage that occurs if your home is left unfurnished.
- We will not pay for any losses that are not directly associated with the incident that caused you to claim, unless expressly stated in the insurance policy.
- If the sum insured you have agreed is less than the full rebuild or replacement cost of your Buildings or Contents we may proportionately reduce any payment.
- Policy excesses and cover limits
- The policy excess applicable to each section of cover will be as shown clearly on your Policy Schedule. This excess refers to the amount you must pay in the event of a claim.
- The cover limits that apply to each section of cover will be shown clearly in the Policy Wording together with your Policy Schedule.
For more information: https://www.pitsasinsurances.com/en/products/home/
Email: [email protected]